Need some head space & was wondering if people had any requests for things that would like to see reviewed or a topic they are interested in seeing discussed.
Things I will write about:
- anime -recent & classic
- manga -recent & classic
- live action TV
- classic literature
- recent literatue
- video games
- tabletop games
- anything generally related to geek or pop culture
So, if you have anything that tickles your fancy, drop us a line.
Am hoping to have a review of HBO’s True Detective up by the weekend, as well as some more anime reviews once I get a chance to finish them.
This is a new blog dedicated to my view of the world of Pop Culture, mainly focussed around various forms of literature (though mostly fantasy & sci-fi), degrees of academia (including drafts of my upcoming articles & theses), manga & anime, games & gaming, films, various reviews & some indulgence in nostalgia.
With what one would deem “nerd”, “geek” & “alternative media” cultures becoming more and more aligned to more mainstream cultural & commercial products, it is my intention to present different points of view upon the every changing worlds of popular and media cultures.
I shall be posting reviews, opinion pieces, discussions, retrospectives and personal indulgences as well as drafts of academic works as they come to hand.
From the standpoint of both an academic and an avid consumer of various cultural and media products.
A brief background of myself:
- I am currently working on a Masters degree in Media Studies & Literature specialising in manga & anime. My undergraduate work was in Film Studies, English Literature, Creative Writing & Philosophy.
- am considered a world expert in Supernatural narrative anime, due to being one of the few academics currently researching that genre as a standalone subject.
- am a writer who has had several articles & short stories published & am currently attempting to finish a fantasy novel. Extracts of which may be posted here in future.
- am avid music fan who is well entrenched in Heavy Metal & its many sub-genres & have also fronted several (not great) Metal bands in the past.
- I also engage in cross-platform gaming & try not to engage in exclusive fanisms over which console/platform, series, producers/companies or era may or may not be the best.
I am aiming to prove that is indeed “the Geek Shall Inherit The World“.